Aggg I’m not really on top of it right now. It’s 10AM on Monday… and I haven’t even diyed anything? So yeah… this post will be a little different than usual, but I’ll try to make it awesome!
This cereal box organizer! My siblings made it for me and I love it 🙂 It’s super easy (just excuse the fact that I have no pictures….)
- Grab a large cereal box. If you want it to fit notebooks, folders, and binders, than family size works! If you don’t have a family size cereal box then you may need to find a different use for it- I definitely recommend using a bigger box 🙂
- Using a ruler, draw lines on your box. Depending on how tall you want the front part to be, draw a line. You can measure it against a folder or notebook, but I did around halfway up the box. Also draw lines going from that to the back top on each side.
- Cut on the lines you marked. Pretty self explanatory…
- Decorate! My tip is to use scrapbook paper, but if you have a ton of washi tape that would work too. Honestly you can do anything- handletter, paint, watercolor… Make it you!
Art! This is the best way ( I think) to make your desk you + usable! If you’re super artsy (unlike me haha) then you can make your own art, but if not you can use google, Pinterest, or really anything! A lot of the things I end up using are actually for a class (like a memory verse or important things I need to remember) and I use a cute font to make them adorable!
t i p s:
- You don’t need fancy software or skills to make these! If I can make them so can you 🙂 I mostly use Microsoft word or publisher (word is easier)- google docs is great but I don’t love the fonts. There are some fun ones but I have favorites on my computer as well.
- Fonts: fonts are actually super easy. When I find a font I like, I google the name (and add font to the end) and websites come up with them! Then I download the font and reopen the design program I’m using so that it includes the new font. (some of) My favorites:
Watermelon Script Demo
KG eyes wide open
Janda Elegant Script
You can’t really see it in this picture, but it’s a tray//dry erase board.
Just google “picture frame dry erase board” and you can see a ton of these! They are super easy to make.
- Find a picture frame with glass on the front. Your family probably has some old ones, but if not they’re quite cheap at thrift stores.
- Cut a piece of paper (or scrapbook paper) to fit the picture frame.
- NOTE: if you used scrapbook paper just remember to pick something that works with dry erase markers!
- Decorate! You can handletter/draw something- or if you used scrapbook paper you can be done!
- Write! You can draw or write notes to yourself… or use it as a cute tray!
Well…. sorry that this post wasn’t awesome! I tried to make it pretty good, but it’s probably not lol.